Monday, November 21, 2005

What a day

God- I am so knackered. This is mostly due to difficulties in locating the second interview, but more of that later.

So my first interview was at 11 in Romsey for the Environment Development Officer job. I managed to find it ok, just. The actual interview got off to a bad start as they had set up the computer so that the laptop screen was blank, which would have meant I would have had to read off the screen behind me- not good. So I asked if it could be sorted out. Cue the IT man, and calls to IT in Andover. Eventually, this was sorted out, and the presentation went without a hitch, though I'm not sure I came across as confident as I usually am. The questions after made me realise that I was really rather lucky just to get to the interview stage. They asked questions about my work in the community and experience of fundraising, of which I had very little to say, so hence I don't think I got the job.

I rushed home for lunch, then left at 2 for my other interview in Wimborne for the post of Waste Reduction Officer. I got thoroughly lost in Wimborne, asked for directions, was promptly sent back on the way home again, phoned them to let them know I would be late, turned around, found the correct route, and only arrived 5 mins late! I had a behavioural profile done- quick and easy, and you end up with a printout of what sort of person you are- mine turned out quite favourably! I was shown around and told about the job. Then I did my presentation, which though not as polished as I usually like, turned out rather well. The props I used really grabbed their attention, and they seemed to like my ideas about raising awareness of recycling and composting. Then I was led downstairs for the informal interview. They asked ok questions, which I had something to say about, and it turned out that one of the interviewers had gone to soton uni!

Feeling rather good, I left the Council carpark, via the one-way system, and promptly got myself very lost. No road signs or street names, so I turned around a couple of times before realising that I had probably made it all worse. Eventually, by some miracle, I landed back at the Council offices and hence back on the main road. From there, it was straight forward to get home, though the foggy conditions, and the windy roads, made it a bit hair-raising.

I think they'll both let me know this week, though I don't hold out much hope. The trouble is, I'm running out of things to apply for now!

No comments: