Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Off to Devon

I have an interview for an volunteer warden position with the National Trust in Devon on the 9th of Dec. It's much more my sort of thing than sorting through people's rubbish, but I'm sure it's also a lot of other people's sort of thing too! It's quite good because I get free accommodation and can get qualifications such as chainsaw and brushcutter certificates, so might be useful for my career.

However, I have to drive there as the trains would leave me stranded at Exeter station for 4 hours in the middle of the night. This poses somewhat of a problem, bearing in mind how I failed to find the last interview location first time! Anyway, I'm sure I'll manage somehow, in fact, it should be quite an adventure.

Oh, and because job hunting is going so well (!) I am now seriously thinking about doing a PhD. One of my old lecturers (I'm sure he'll appreciate that!) may be starting one in October about radio-tagging sand lizards. Radio-tagging is something I've always wanted to do, so if I can come up with nothing better, and it's funded, I may well be Dr Rose (another one!) in 3-ish years time.

No comments: