Saturday, November 05, 2005

Light at the end of the tunnel?

I have my second-ever interview on Friday. Finally, I feel a bit hopeful! It's not what a want to do- it's for a Waste and Recycling Advisor with Test Valley Borough Council. A far cry from practical conservation, but it's the only environmental-type job around at the moment.

I also applied for a keeper post at Marwell, which was somewhat ironic as I don't like the place! My application form went something along the lines of 'I want to work for an institution with such a global reputation for conservation', which is a blatent lie. However, I was saved from lying any further when I got my rejection letter yesterday.

I am just going out of my mind with the admin work I'm currently doing- I would have been a third through the records if the network hadn't gone down yesterday. I was forced to do filing all day instead!

Anyway, I shall keep you all posted on the interview, especially as it involves a role-play- time to brush off my rusty acting skills!

No comments: