Friday, December 29, 2006

A comparably-average Christmas

Well it's all over - always so quick.

The visit to Grandma wasn't too bad actually - she was on quite good form, and only mildly rude and offensive to Dad and Minority groups, so it wasn't too tedious.

Christmas Day itself went well - dinner was delicious (Peking Duck, drunken prawns, crispy beef, crispy wontons, money bags etc etc!) and not much activity was had by all!

My new camera lens is proving to be most excellent, though I think I will need to take both lenses out with me all the time now - more baggage! Asides from that I got exciting things like a torch, pop-up bin and windscreen cloth for my car - whoohoo!

On Boxing Day we went to my Uncle Tim's in Frome, which was ok (sadly better than last year as my cousins weren't there - tis a shame I feel this way...), which was pleasant enough.

I do have to confess to be bored quite a lot of the time this festive period - I need to go back to work I think!

Anyway, we went sales shopping in Salisbury the following day, with the next day given over to walking at Blashford Lakes (trying out my new lens!) and clearing up the Xmas refuse piles!

Today I have just got back from shopping with Hayley, where my objective of buying some more trousers failed spectacularly when I bought some expensive new boots, yet another skirt and yet more jewellery - I think I have some sort of compulsive disease! I most excellent day though, but no more clothes now! Come on Charlotte, you can do it...

Only a few more days until back to work - quite frankly I'm looking forward to it (maybe not the early start...or the late finish....or being in Devizes....or being sat at a desk all day.....)!

No comments: