Thursday, October 19, 2006

Update!

Do you remember the WWT malarky? Well the second interview was today, and I felt it didn't go so well. They asked me to prioritise 5 pieces of casework and say what you would include in the response to the top two. I thought I'd done OK until they said that in Wiltshire we do this, here we do this etc etc.

However, despite them saying they would get back to me tomorrow they in fact phoned me at 3pm to say that (fanfare please) I have been offered the post! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So as of the 30th of Oct (1 week notice - one good thing about being on a temporary contract!) I will be the new Planning and Policy Officer for the Trust! I just can't believe it.

Obviously I will be very sad to leave the wonderful people at NE but the call of a permanent job is too strong...

On another note, Mum and I went down to see the deer on Sunday, but alas the rut had finished. Despite this we did see several fallow deer and one young red deer stag madly thrashing the conifers for a hind, so that was nice.

Oh, and though I'm still doing the training for the new people next week, I have lost two members (one has a broken wrist and the other has been seconded to another department until Xmas) so it all feels slightly pointless, but it will look good on my CV!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wheeeee congratulations! That sounds fantastic - very impressive job title!! =D