Tuesday, October 31, 2006

First couple of days

So far things have gone well. My boss keeps throwing more stuff at me, which is somewhat overwhelming, but quite a lot of it is really interesting, so I don't really mind!

I've already done one response about the extension of Westbury Quarry, and I'm now going to a meeting in Trowbridge about it next week, which should be cool. Today I've been working on producing some guidance to Local Authorities and Parish Councils on the new NERC Act, and am taking the lead on a big proposal to create a new stretch of canal - not something you find in Hampshire - one of the little differences between the counties!

The people all seem very nice, though there are far too many of them to remember - about 70 in all! I'm also going to the AGM next week, where Chris Packham is the guest speaker - my childhood idol! I know they always wheel him out in Hampshire, but I always miss him, so hopefully this time it will not be the case!

Of course I will keep you posted on all developments re: job!

No comments: