Friday, October 13, 2006

November?

Tony said yesterday that Nikki (who I am covering maternity leave for) was coming back in November - needless to say, I was a bit taken aback, when she had said she was going to come back after January.

I asked Russell about it today, who denied all knowledge of 'November', saying Nikki was probably coming back in February, and that he'd have a word with Tony. Tony then came in saying I must have misheard and that he had actually said February - they do sound similar don't they??!!!!!!! So he came out of it making me look like I was stupid - very annoying, but I think he is good at getting out of tight spots untarnished.

On another note, I went to see the red deer rut in the Forest yesterday - amazing! Lots of deer around, some stags with huge antlers and roaring heard in the distance, but I had to leave early. The others came in today saying they had seen stags fighting and mating with hinds - how annoying? It's almost the end of the rut, but hopefully I am going to go back Sunday afternoon for a last look, and now know where to look for next year.

No comments: