Friday, September 29, 2006

Turn up for the books!

You'll never guess....

I was called into my team leader's office today to be told that my contract had been extended! I will have at least another few months at Natural England, as I will be covering maternity leave. So very good news.

The only thing is I was quite looking forward to handing over all my casework, and I had told everyone that I was leaving, so it is mildly annoying but I am of course extremely pleased! Apparently, my fellow casework team buddies Alex and Rachel had been begging the Deputy Team Leader Russell to let me stay, and they had made a formal request to keep me, which panned out in the end. Talk about leaving it to the last minute!

On a sad note Kate, the Polish receptionist, and Leigh, my fellow casework team buddy, both left today, which was really sad. But we'll all keep in touch of course.

No comments: