Thursday, April 06, 2006

So much has happened!

Sorry for the lack of contact, but the internet has not been working for about a month!

So, developments:

Did some field studies sessions on my own offsite, which went really well, even though one of my students lost one of the digital cameras! Was very pleased at how much they learnt, especially as they were 14 year olds. So I have now done 3 sessions on my own the entire time I have been here (obviously lots of normal activity sessions too).

AJ left to go to another centre in France, and so far I can't say I miss him! Robbie left though, and I have to say I cried when he left (for a sailing PGL centre in France) so I will miss him loads: we sung Love Shack together during Karaoke (where I am a regular)!

Bonnie and Hannah have been sent to a Pontins centre (Camber sands in Sussex) for two weeks, which is annoying.

I am going on holiday with my family for a week over Easter to the fun location of..... the Isle of Wight!

Oh, and I now have a new job, starting in hopefully a couple of weeks (if I can sort out my notice period which should be 4 weeks). I received a call during a session which I called back - it was from English nature in Lyndhurst. Some of you may remember that I went for a couple of interviews for Assistant Conservation officer jobs, neither of which I got. However, someone has gone on maternity leave and so I have been offered the post, fulltime ending at the end of September, which I am really excited about. Obviously, it will be sad to leave here, as I have made some really briliant friends, and was starting to mwiden my group of friends even further by setting up a swimming club with my new buddy Diana (who also might be leaving for another centre). But it pays more, I can live at home and have nice food, I can get more experience in the field I want to have a career in, so the benefits outweigh the costs. It's not that far away from the centre, so I can still pop down to say hello, seeing as though I would be working normal hours once again!

So, yes, not many more sessions and I am gone!

No comments: