Friday, April 28, 2006

The end of my first week

Well I made it through my first week, and I have to say that is just keeps getting better and better. Together, Leigh and I have managed to get through most of the casework, so that we can get to go out and do site visits more.

It's so nice to be working in a place where everyone has pretty much the same views on the environment, and you can have some really informed discussions about things. Today I was discussing fishing lakes and the impacts on SSSI rivers, which was really interesting, and there is the possibility that Leigh and I can go out and learn a bit more about fisheries with experts.

I'm also learning lots more in depth stuff about legislation and what landowners can and can't do, so it's all very useful!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayyy for the new job, glad you're enjoying it and getting lots of good experience! =D

Anna and Scott said...

That is really great. Glad you're enjoying it!

Anna and Scott said...

I just thought.. you've got to change the name of your blog now!

Char said...

What sort of trouble my dear Matthew? technical, physical or mental?!

I'm not quite a Conservation Biologist yet Anna!

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»