Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Easter hols

I've just got back from my regular family hols at Easter, this time to the........IoW!!!!!!

As PGL couldn't give me any more notice than a week about whether I could have the time off, we had to book somewhere, so ended up going there. It was actually a really nice trip, with lots of short walks and looking at the coastal scenery, but all-in-all I would rather have gone somewhere else! The experience was also slightly marred by the fact that Heinrich (our motorhome) had no heating or hot water, so no showers, meaning we had to wash our hair in buckets of water heated up on the hob!!!!! We went to the following places: Sandown beach and Bembridge Down, Mottistone Down, Parkhurst Forest, Firestone Copse, The Needles, Yarmouth, St Boniface Down. Photos to follow!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my last night (meal at The Sloop, followed by a night out at Bogeys in Sandown). Before all this merriment I have to get through a couple of days of pointless field studies (the teachers do everything, even the intro talks and evening IT followups, so we are only there during field work to ensure all is safe) and then a whole day of site work, which is equally pointless!

No comments: