Saturday, May 05, 2007

An update on certain social engagements

I would just like to say, first of all, that Bombay Sapphire is evil - at least in large quantities!

Last Saturday I was down in Grateley for a works party saying hello to ex-boss Amanda - what followed was an energetic bout of Swingball, general bitching about new boss Bill, random photos of grapes and all capped off with Karaoke (numerous comments that you could hear us in Swindon...)! The aforementioned drink started off as a new bottle - little remained at the end of the evening/morning!

It was a great night, and I felt just about ok the next morning, but I guess the lack of breakfast (I had a train to catch, and proceedings were rather slow in the food department!) meant that I was feeling rather delicate later on! But, I was determined to go to Garston Woods to see the bluebells and ramsons with Hayley and Mum.

I will now say a quick aside about my camera - it had something stuck on the low pass filter inside which had to be cleaned, so I left the camera with them. For about a month. Was not best pleased at the constant delays (lack of swabs apparently), and the final straw came when, on Saturday, I went in to see if my camera had been done. They gave me a blank look then said that actually it had been done when I had come in last week - grr! They then tried to find my camera for ages, searching the entire store and eventually saying it may have been sent up to their office. I was starting to worry that they had lost my camera, or even given it out to someone else. So we were heading back, when I get a call saying they have found it in one staff member's car, where it was going down to Bournemouth!

Anyway, back to Garston Woods - slightly too late for bluebells, which was interesting, because we went there on 08/05 last year, and they were at their peak then - climate change for you... The ramsons were spectacular though.

The week passed without much to mention really, but I then get a call from Caroline - now back in the UK, did I fancy Prezzos? Of course! We went out last night for the world's longest gossip, and we have now proposed a Burgate School Reunion (possibly next year), which we are both excited about!

This weekend, well - its busy! Tonight I'm off to say goodbye to Emma from PGL, who's off to Oz for a year, then tomorrow I am working all day at the Sarsen Trail sponsored walk/marathon, in the rain - groan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just read your post about organising a reunion.
There is one this year on the 6th July. Information below

The Burgate School
Golden Jubilee
Reunion Picnic Party

Friday 6 July 2007 7:00pm — 10:30pm
Gates open at 6:30pm — Entry via front of school only

Bring your own picnic and something to sit on and
enjoy a relaxing evening in the school grounds

Live Music
INNERVISION 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 00’s band
&
Jazzamatazz Jazz Band

Raffle
FIREWORKS by Pains Fireworks

Sorry, no barbecues or dogs
Gazebos by prior arrangement only

There is limited parking so please walk if you live nearby

We are very grateful to local businesses who have sponsored this event

For more details please contact Mrs Shering during school hours on 01425 652039