Thursday, February 02, 2006

Bugs and beasties

I have now started my field studies training and am reverting back to childhood (which I guess is a good thing!).

Yesterday we did a minibeast safari, which consisted of sampling various sites (e.g. pond, bushes, log pile), which was so cool. And today we went to Sandown to do a quite boring human geography session, which was followed by a great visit to a dinosaur museum and an aborted attempt at fossil hunting (the tide was in - something to remember when we instruct!).

Next week we have various activities and evening entertainment actually with the kids, though I think we are shadowing people and/or being watched by other members of staff, which I'm quite scared about, though I'm sure we'll all be fine.

Oh, and another fun thing, we had to choose our uniform today, so soon we will look great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyy the dinosaur museum - we went there for our GY106 fieldtrip =')

Glad you're having fun - I wanna go on a minibeast safari!!! =D

Char said...

Hey cool!

Yes, I thought the museum was really good for its size. Where did you go for your geology bit? Did you just go to the beach just down the road?

It's good to hear from you - any news/gossip? Email me!