Thursday, December 15, 2005

Reasons to be miserable...

Nope, I didn't get the job. I am actually quite gutted - I thought the interview went well, with no tricky questions, and I don't think I got too carried away. However, they phoned me up yesterday evening (at least they got back to me quickly) saying that the other person was more approachable and would fit into the team better. They also said that a tip for the future would be to try and tone it down a bit. So, yet again, my enthusiasm has resulted in rejection. I think it is a bit sad if I have to change who I am in order to get a job. I didn't think I was over the top at all, but as it was only for 3 months, they obviously wanted someone a bit more docile.

On the plus side, they said my ecological and legislative knowledge was excellent, and that if they had had two jobs, they would have given one to me. They are going to keep me on their books in case something comes up, which is good, and I get the feeling that they would like to use me and that they can see my potential. So I guess it's not all bad then...

No comments: