Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Out of the blue

On Friday I received an interesting phone call from someone at English Nature, asking if I was still available for work (er, yes...). Yesterday I received another couple of phone calls, with the result being I am now going for an interview in Lyndhurst tomorrow!

It's three months fulltime, doing planning casework for protected sites. I've read the job description, and it's basically the same job I went for four months ago, only for a much shorter term. Though it's not for very long, it is a job and should give me interesting experience.

Oh, and I got some feedback (finally) from Test Valley BC for the Environment Development Officer post. Not enough experience again- how am I expected to gain experience an support myself at the same time? The whole situation is ridiculous.

It was the Graduates Xmas Party on Saturday night at the Union. I took Hayley (old schoolfriend) with the aim of meeting up with some uni mates (namely, Adrienne). It was an excellent night, where I bumped into Nick, Chris Rochfort and Chris Noble from my course, as well as my ex-housemate Dave, who now has 'PhD hair' (i.e. long). So it was good to be back there again, and made a pleasant change to my hum-drum life. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyy good luck, they must want you if they actually asked you to go! =D

Xmas party sounds fun, do you have photos of Dave's hair?!

Char said...

To be honest I think they are desperate for anyone to fill the post, not me in particular.

No, I don't have photos - I shall use artistic licence and create a sort-of 'photo-fit' image of his hair!