Friday, May 02, 2008

Employment!

Yes, I have a job - in fact, I almost had two!

I managed to get an interview for the NE job - problem was I had to drive to Lewes for it, and it was at 5pm... There were a couple of posts in Lyndhurst - one doing coastal planning, the other concentrating on mainly land management. Thankfully, I was successful, though I was a bit annoyed to start at 19K, which was a pay drop, instead of the 23K, but I can see they had to be fair to everyone. I was bracing myself for the planning post, but whilst waiting for confirmation of the job I was actually going to do, and having accepted the offer, I was offered an interview for an ecological consultancy in Winchester in response to a speculative letter and CV I had sent out a couple of weeks before.

They kept changing the date for the interview, and Rachel from NE had phoned to offer me the land management post (hurrah - no more planning!) so I had to bring the interview date forward. I had it on Wednesday, and found out yesterday that I had not got it. I was actually quite thankful - from the sounds of things I would have been starting on 17K (!) and be shoved into doing bat stuff, including becoming licenced - what fun. Plus, the NE job sounded so brilliant, so I was probably going to go for that anyway.

I'm still not sure when I start, but am really looking forward to it! The only problem is that this will severely limit tennis playing opportunities in Devizes - oh well, sacrifices have to be made!

No comments: