Wednesday, November 22, 2006

How times flies passed!

Now in the middle of my fourth week, so much has happened and I've been so busy it's dificult to know where to start!

The late night AGM went really well, and I even got to have a long chat with Chris Packham about the lack of under-25 interest in conservation. Very nice man indeed!

Then I went to Chris from Natural England's birthday do at Jongleurs, which was an amazing night, and so good to see all the old crowd (though Leigh was an exception - naughty!).

Last week saw me continuing to try and keep up with casework, whilst trying to find time to go up to York for the ALGE conference. This was very interesting, and York is beautiful, but the train journey back down was horrendous, as I missed my connection in Bristol and ended up calling my Mum out to collect me as I was stranded! Oh well.

Then on Saturday Jo came back for the weekend, so we all met in town for a good chat and a few drinks. It was cut slightly short, by certain members of the party having a lovers' tiff, but hey!

I've also been going walking with Hayley every Sunday, which is a brilliant chance to exchange gossip. A shame Claire can't join us - she must have so much to talk about - come on Claire!

And so far this week I've been in solid meetings all week, mostly lasting 3 hours and all lasting at least 50% longer than they should. This makes me mad, but I do think that people like meetings, to save them from doing real work - am I alone in this thought?

Finally, it looks fairly likely that I will be getting a Planning Blog for the Trust, so when that's sorted I'll put a link on here for any of you interested. ....Don't all shout at once!

No comments: