Sunday, April 23, 2006

Leaving

My first post as an ex-member of PGL!

We went out the night before, firstly for a meal at the Sloop and then for a night out in Sandown at Bogey's, where a good time was had by all. Indeed, somebody made it even better for me - how time flies when you are having fun!

We got back to the centre at about 2am, where we then proceeded to finish off my alcohol, before Hannah and I set off on a drunken stagger around the centre. She then collapsed on my bed, and had very little response at all, so we were quite worried. I do have some brilliant photos of the occasion, which will be displayed for all to see very shortly!

So the next day, after only 3 hours sleep (got to bed at 5am!) I got packed and then got a call from my Dad saying that he had bone cancer, though very early stage and not needing treatment, though he is under observation every two months. It came as a bit of a shock, I guess you don't think these things will happen to you. My roommate Niki was very understanding, especially as her Mum has had cancer for a while.

So anyway, a few people turned up to say goodbye, most of the ones that mattered anyway! I will miss them all loads, especially karaoke on Thursdays.

Did you know, Andromeda is actually a galaxy AND a constellation? Just thought you should know.....

No comments: