Sunday, March 30, 2008

Unemployment update

Yes, still without a job to go to! Since the failed Chalkhill interview I have:

  • Applied and had an interview for an ecologist post for the Dorset Wildlife Trust Consultancy [Result: no result :(]
  • Applied for my old job at NE [no progress on that front]
  • Left the Trust 3 times! - I was going to be in the Swindon office for a couple of Wednesdays but these were both cancelled, so I ended up being back in the Devizes office! It was good, because it meant I could attend the rounders match to say goodbye to Andrew F, and could say goodbye to Beth on the following Wednesday.

In between this I had my traditional family trip over the Easter weekend in the motorhome - this would most likely be the last time we would all be away in it. Despite the temperamental weather, we managed to avoid most of the showers and hailstorms and visited Padstow, the Lizard, the Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan!

Social event wise, there was Purgle and Amanda's house party a couple of weeks ago, and then on Friday was the Redundancy Party (for myself, Jo and Beth, and change of job party for Tom!). Sarah, Richard and I spent the entire day cleaning, decorating and baking in preparation for our Hawaiian themed party - it looked great, there was tonnes of food, and our cakes seemed OK (though the Chocolate fudge cake wasn't very cooked, and Oli likened it to beef - complete rubbish; the volcano cake was likened to a pile of sick - I think the mini sparklers in the tops seemed to improve on this though!).

It was very sad to say goodbye to them all, and they gave me a brilliant present and massive card, but no doubt I will stay in touch with them - thank "God" for Facebook!

No comments: