Friday, February 22, 2008

(Possible) jobs ahoy!

So last Friday I found out for certain that they are making me redundant, which was to be expected really. We've been quite lucky in that we are being allowed 10 days fully-paid off work to search for jobs, so I've now gone down to a four-day week - hurrah! Only trouble is, there is so much to do between now and the end of the post, so I'm running out of time.

In terms of jobs, I've applied for a few - another rejection, this time from Wessex Water, was there to greet me when I got home from work today - again, to be expected as I knew I didn't have enough experience, but it was worth a punt!

Strangely, what is basically my old job at Natural England has just been advertised (I was tipped off in advance - thanks to my contacts!), so I'll be applying for that. I really hate their application forms though - a lot of corporate speak involving competencies, so my completed form stands at 14 pages long!!!!!

I've just handed in my 'expression of interest' for the in-house ecologist vacancy at the Trust's consultancy Chalkhill, even though I don't have three years experience, and don't have a bat licence/am not close to even achieving one! But as I'm their only candidate at this stage, and I have 13 weeks to be trained up to their required standard, it was worth going for it anyway. We shall see.

So it's looking a bit more hopeful!

No comments: